A briefcase icon

free case review

You can rely on the experience and ability of Philidelphia Injury Lawyers to guide you through the treacherous terrain of the justice system.

    6 Common Concerns About Workers’ Compensation

    It is common for people have concerns about filing a workers’ compensation claim, and we are happy to ease some of these concerns right here.

    I can’t pay my bills because of a workplace injury.

    If you cannot pay your bills because of a workplace injury, then you need to contact a Pennsylvania workers’ compensation attorney to learn about your rights and take the first step towards getting your life back on track.

    My injury developed over time. Is it too late to file a claim?

    Workers’ compensation does cover injuries that develop over time due to work related tasks. As soon as you receive a diagnosis, you should report the injury to your employer, in writing. If you have not yet done this, you should do so right now.

    My pre-existing condition was worsened by work. Can I still receive workers’ compensation benefits?

    If you have a pre-existing condition (like arthritis) that was worsened by the work that you do for your employer, you can still receive workers’ compensation benefits.

    I was fired for filing a workers’ compensation claim. What do I do?

    It is illegal for your employer to fire you for filing a workers’ compensation claim. If you feel that you have been wrongfully fired for reporting an injury or filing a claim, you should contact a Pennsylvania workers’ compensation attorney right away.

    I can’t afford an attorney. What should I do?

    The great thing about workers’ compensation and personal injury attorneys is that most of them work on a contingency fee basis. This means that they don’t get paid unless you receive a settlement or judgment in your favor. Your attorney will then take a percentage of your recovery.

    I am receiving workers’ compensation, but it’s been a long time since I’ve been able to work, and I don’t think I’ll be able to return to work. What should I do?

    If you have already been out of work for more than a year or expect to be, and you are not able to perform any kind of substantial work, then you might be able to receive Social Security disability benefits. Contact a Social Security disability attorney in Philadelphia to learn more.

    advocate of the people

    professional, aggresive client defense